Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Brighten your skin with a Favorite Fall Veggie!

Pumpkins are great for more than carving! Mix a pumpkin-pie face scrub to not only exfoliate the dead, dull, and dry skin cells that build up over the summer months (from sunscreens, sun exposure, sweat, and pollution!) but also to moisturize, which is essential as the temperatures and humidity start to drop.
Just mix two tablespoons of cooked and mashed pumpkin (canned pumpkin works too) with two tablespoons plain, full-fat yogurt and one tablespoon ground, raw oats. Apply it to your face and let it sit for five minutes before using your fingers to gently scrub your face in small circular motions. The lactic acid in the yogurt, as well as the alpha hydroxy acids in the pumpkin will loosen the dead skin cells while the oats gently exfoliate and the fat in the yogurt hydrates.
 ~Whole Living Daily

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, I just found your blog from linking with Foodie Friday. I love it! I'm your newest follower!

    What better way to get beautiful than from your own kitchen!

    Feel free to pop on over and visit me @ Kimbas2cents.blogspot.com ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll be honest - i'm not sure i could give up my beautiful little pumpkin to my face. my mouth wants it too bad. that being said, this sounds like an incredible natural moisturizer.

    ps. how much do i love the music here??

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING!!!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete